Common Misconceptions About Las Vegas Nightclubs
Sometimes we here at Nightlife Unlocked feel like we’ve heard it all. However, there are some common misconceptions that pop up more than others. For the benefit of our readers here are the ones we have to explain almost every day and the unvarnished truth behind all of them.
- “I can wear whatever I want!” Not only are there strict dress codes in Las Vegas. There are dress codes in even the most unlikely of places like restaurants, and pool clubs. Don’t believe us? Try walking into Encore Beach Club with pants on. When in doubt, feel free to ask us.
- “Stuff is free!” Nothing is free in Las Vegas, someone is paying for it. If something seems suspiciously free, then you owe somebody a tip for the favor and maybe even a job if they are risking theirs.
- “I don’t want to get there too early” There is no such thing as too early. Usually, the people who arrive late either end up outside all night or waiting in a really, really long line.
- “I can smoke weed everywhere, it’s legal!” Although recreational marijuana is legal in the State of Nevada, because nightclubs are on private casino property, it is not allowed in any nightclub. Marijuana will get you kicked off nightclub and casino property. In fact… you can get arrested on the strip for smoking in public.
- “What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas!” Although Las Vegas is a lot of fun, it is a city like any other. Herpes in Vegas is herpes in New York, so if you wouldn’t do it at home don’t do it here. Have fun but be sensible and safe at all times. You don’t want to make a mistake on vacation that will haunt you for the rest of your life.